Re: Gbaji lies! (Was Re: Illuminated Uroxi?)

From: Agent Groove <coridan_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 09:45:54 -0500

> wrote:
> > Agent Groove wrote:
> > > Chaos can not be made to work for good,
> > >because it is *not* good, objectively.
>
> > Objectively this last statement is false because the Lunar Empire
> > has been able to make chaos work for good.
>
> More like the Empire made Chaos work against bad, rather than for good.
>

> >>The bat, however, is merely selfish, suicidal hunger, that cares
> >>for nothing.
>
> > The last statement is wrong. The Bat is Illuminated by the Red
> > Goddess and anything that it devours, animal, plant and mineral, is
> > utterly Illuminated (Glorantha: Intro p125). People have difficulty
> > in accepting this but it's true.
>
> On a practical level, this isn't very helpful to those it has devoured...

And this is according to *Lunar* doctrine. The Red Goddess is the goddess of Illusion. Who says that she isn't even decieving herself?

I was working to provide an Orlanthi-view. Obviously, there is no way we can really no who's objectively right or wrong. Different GM's will of course make decisions for different Gloranthas.

One of the things I think the GM needs to do is decide, in his game, who is *objectively* right, and move from their. Obviously, if the Lunar view is correct, then this is a wonderful opprtunity to move beyond Storm Bull's fear of Chaos and Heal The World. If the Orlanthi view is right, then it looks like Gbaji aka Trickster just handed the poor Uroxi a big load of manure.

I was always kind of under the impression, however, that the Lunars were another Big Mistaken Empire. Like the Bright Empire, the God Learners and the EWF before it, they will get too big and arrogant, and be brought down. They try to use cosmic truths for political gain, and *kaboom!*

CB