Re: Gbaji lies! (Was Re: Illuminated Uroxi?)

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:14:46 -0800

Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:
> Joerg:
>
>>> Objectively this last statement is false because the Lunar Empire
>>> has been able to make chaos work for good.
>
>> More like the Empire made Chaos work against bad, rather than for
>> good.
>
> The "He's not good, he's anti-bad!" could be said about Urox so I
> don't think it's helpful to distinguish between the good done by chaos
> and the good done by others.

A more serious problem, I think, is that it's unclear that the Lunars are, ultimately, a force for good. If the Lunars turn out to be, on balance, a bad thing for the universe, then all it proves is that sometimes Chaos is willing to let Krarsht-style Long Term Assholery predominate over Thed-style Mess Things Up Right Now.