Changing history

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:35:17 -0800

Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...> wrote:

> Mess around in the Hero Plane Green Age and you may
> find out that your kin and supporters have *always* been one-eyed,
> one-horned flying purple people eaters. Mess about with the *real*
> green Age and you've literally changed history, for all people,
> everywhere. And you can't predict what those changes will be.

So it *is* possible to change history with sufficiently aggressive heroquesting. (That'd certainly been my impression.)

Of course, it's sort of like 1984's "Mutability of the Past". That is, according to IngSoc, it is possible to change the past, and it has never been done. (Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.)

Similarly, it is theoretically possible to change the Gloranthan past--but if it is done, we'll never know, because the old past has been erased.