Re: Re: broos

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:29:14 -0800

> >I had come to understand, from previous discussions with my RQ GM,
> >that broos didn't need their mates to be alive to reproduce?
> >
> >Was I the victim of rumor-mongering and slander against these fine
> >individuals?
>
> I'd call them victims, not fine individuals, but I think in most
> cases they need to be alive to provide warmth and nutrition to the
> parasitic broo larvae.

Of course, a compost pile would provide warmth, and decomposing flesh might have enough nutrients, so a careful broo "farmer" might be able to do raise up his little darlin's that way.

On the whole, whoever, I thing 99% of broos need a live "mother" to come to term.

Note that mama does *not* need to survive the birth, and usually doesn't (which may be what you heard, in a garbled form)

RR
- Richelieu