Re: Lunars "Gone Native"

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:30:22 GMT

In message <buri6m+khtq_at_...> "a_verheaghe" writes:

>Now in addition to the player that wants to play the SunDomer in my
>Hoertling DP campaign I've got one who wants to play a Lunar Soldier
>that's "gone native". What are the implications of this? Will he
>still be able to worship Lunar deities or will they forsake him? How
>in the world am I going to get this guy integrated into the barbarian
>party?

Depends how the Heortling clan feels about the Lunar occupiers. Some clans have done quite nicely out of the occupation and wouldn't find any great problem with a Lunar soldier. The more important thing is how has he "gone native"? Marriage? Adoption? Even with a seriously anti-lunar clan the fact that he's married into the clan means he will generally be regarded as "not a bad sort for a Lunar". Of course individuals may hate him or regard him as a friend but that's true of everyone.

As far as integrating him with the party goes, fix him up with some relationships. Perhaps the girl he married is related to one of the other PCs who will get an earful from the bride if something happens to her husband.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/