Re: MoLaD

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:40:44 -0800 (PST)

Bryan Thexton:
> Anyone have Masters of Luck and Death yet?
> How is it?

Well, I'm listed as a contributor, but I really didn't do much, so please don't think I'm blowing my own horn.

I like the book a lot. It fleshes out two great items from waaaay back -- The Wolf Pirates, the Eagle Browns, and the Crater Makers to name some really cool ones.

It shows how a really cool hero band is . . . really cool. I thought up two more that I might write up, jus by reading it. Sparking creativity is part of its point.

As Charles Corrigan and Wesley Quadros said, it is not the best Glorantha publication possible. It is certainly not the one to to use to introduce new players. That said, I think it is an absolutely necessary addition at some point to flesh out an increasingly important aspect of the game -- hero bands -- and it has plenty of good ole Glorantha content.

> The Praxian version of Humakt, the Sword Brothers,
> was good, well done. It shows how he is worshipped
> in the wastes.

Thanks! That was the one part I helped compile. That makes me responsible for any typos (of which I saw none so far). Others, however, are responsible for all the cool stuff in that part.

Chris Lemens