RE: DP: Kjartan's Pool and the Pelaskans

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 18:15:39 -0000

On Thursday, January 29, 2004 1:20 PM, Matthew Cole wrote:

> While I was reading Pelaskos in Storm Tribe, I noticed that he's the Sea
> Fisherman and that it's his brother Poverri who remained behind when the
> seas receded and became the freshwater fisherman.

Perhaps Kjartan's Pool isn't *really* a lake, but actually is a little bit of Sea that got cut off and left behind when the rest of it('s kin) retreated. The fresh waters of the lake conceal, lurking deep within them, the original salty water which can be fished by those who know the secret ways.

Who knows what foolish heroquesters might fish up from the briny depths? Terrible sea monsters from the dawn age? The wrecks of ships from the mythic ages past?

I sense a Godzilla moment coming on...

Regards,

Bruce