Re: DP: Kjartan's Pool and the Pelaskans

From: Graeme P. Bell <mac_logo_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:40:58 -0000

In Glorantha/HeroQuest, we do not have a unitary cosmology, so we get a world *full* of these things that don't fit into the locally accepted cosmology. Bits of the wrong myth, pantheon and even otherworld can sit smack in the middle of our happy little tula.

The world is made of everything, whether the priests like it or not. It's nice to see that reflected in Dragon Pass quite so clearly, even if by fortune rather than planning :)

It would be quite easy to fit a sudden appearance of a Bombadilian (?) character/demigod in Glorantha. A hero/saint/spirit (whatever is locally *unacceptable*) of safe passage through a localised, hostile (elf) woodland. Sprinkle with a bit a mythology, add a small heroquest about "Songs To Appease Aldrya's Singers" (and some very bad rhyming couplets). Hey presto!

Graeme