Re: Begining Campaign

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:39:23 -0500

Alex Ferguson writes:
> I've said it before, and I'll probably keep saying it until
> I'm gunned down in the street by somehow driven mad by the
> repetition, but I think the clan generator is an _excellent_
> hook for starting off a Sartar-based game

I think this needs to be followed by one caveat, though -- I don't think the clan generator is all that great for a bunch of Glorantha neophytes. However, if by "beginning campaign" one means "a new campaign for players who have a reasonable amount of experience with Glorantha", then I think you're right.

On the other hand, it might be much more useful in a group where the Narrator is an experience Gloranthaphile, but his/her players aren't. It just wasn't all that useful in my own experience.

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+