Re: Greg Stafford on Fetches and Commentary

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:00:17 -0000

> Yes, I would tend to agree. Ghosts are spirits, by and large. Now
I am
> not sure what happens to a theist who goes 'off course' but its
possible
> they could evolve/change into a spirit. Or be eaten by something
that
> takes their identity /uses them as an anchor to get to the Middle
World.

I just say a lost soul ends up a spirit because it's lost, and it's a hell of a lot easier to get to the Spirit World than a specific God's demesne. Magical osmosis, sort of. Therefore, I allow Ghosts with theistic affinities & feats - I would even allow them to worship at a temple, after suitable pennance, and therefore get to the right heaven. It'll lose my Spirit Talker a useful Follower though...

> Some heortlings are born with spirits instead of souls (bad
wording, I
> know)... and they often become ghosts at death.

Wouldn't those be the Heortlings that become Animists? Or would they become ghosts BECAUSE they worshipped theistically when they SHOULD have been animists (sort of an innate misapplication of worship)?

Wulf