Re: Re: Greg Stafford on Fetches and Commentary

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 11:03:40 -0500

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> I just say a lost soul ends up a spirit because it's lost, and it's a
> hell of a lot easier to get to the Spirit World than a specific God's
> demesne. Magical osmosis, sort of. Therefore, I allow Ghosts with

This is a good point. or for someone who dies far away from home or under questionable circumstances.

> theistic affinities & feats - I would even allow them to worship at a
> temple, after suitable pennance, and therefore get to the right
> heaven. It'll lose my Spirit Talker a useful Follower though...
>
> > Some heortlings are born with spirits instead of souls (bad
> wording, I
> > know)... and they often become ghosts at death.
>
> Wouldn't those be the Heortlings that become Animists? Or would they
> become ghosts BECAUSE they worshipped theistically when they SHOULD
> have been animists (sort of an innate misapplication of worship)?
>
> Wulf

Why yes. =) That would be a good way of putting it. I am starting to think your afterlife might be less than splendid if you were exclusively missapplied...

... that would be really depressing.

(Look.  I want to know where St. Ehmeil is. Please tell me.
(Who? Saint? Have another flagon! Yer' the bestest...
(No, seriously! There's been some sort of mistake.
(Ha! You're a riot.  We'll get you some beef and then you can find a
wench on your own...
(AUGH! I'm IN HELL!

Jeff