Re: Cult of Sartar?

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:26:35 -0000

Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_y...> wrote:
> Charles Corrigan wrote:
>> Has this been gregged? My memory is that a recent source (Intro to
>> Glorantha? Thunder Rebels?) had him as a Larnisti from Heortland
>> which "feels" better.

> Intro had him as a Larnsti, and the only one who ever left Heortland
> IIRC.
The way I see Sartar, he surely had the direct route to Larnste.

I suppose his ability to leave Heortland was achieved by transforming himself into something else. Why not an Issarian?

Complicating the issue is his relation to the Pharaoh. I suggest that he was one of the finalists of a Tournament of the Masters of Luck and Death.

And was he one of the classical Larnsti followers of Hendreik, one of the shire-reeve (Harst, Garzeen?)-trained Larnsti of Zombie-King Andrin, or something like the 25 Larnsti warriors who form Broyan's personal bodyguard?

> And agreed the write up there suggests that the power of
> change is key (hence his transformations both of the kingdom and
> self). So change magic is possible, though we might want to
> distinguish between powers of the man and power of the wyter.

It is notable that none of his descendants ever approached any change magic (other than road- and fortification-building and ring-making).

> In a sense his final transformation was his own apotheosis.

While that sounds true, I don't think that apotheosis falls under Change powers.