Re: Uz society

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 10:21:00 -0800

DreadDomain <dreaddomain_at_...> wrote:

> I cannot see ZZ as a member of the circle of eight nor do I see
> worshipping ZZ (in that condition) the same as worshipping an aspect
> of KL. AFAIK, ZZ and KL are not even related. Probably the same
> could be said for AA and KL.

Zorak Zoran and Argan Argar are not related to Kyger Litor, except very indirectly (they're all descended from Darkness). But IIRC, there are areas where gods who are not descended from KL are members of the Circle of Eight--specifically, I seem to remember that in one area, Zong is a member of the Circle, and I'm pretty sure he isn't descended from KL.

Am I wrong? James, help!

Fr�d�ric Cloutier <dreaddomain_at_...> wrote:

> At worst the females only need wait another generation to regain
> power. That is were I am not so sure. That they might do it, I have
> no doubt. That it is certain to happen, I disagree. I'd assume males
> would try to counteract mothers' influence on offspring.

But every generation where the females do not rule is a generation where the connection to Kyger Litor becomes weaker. If they don't take extraordinary actions, they'll have a lot of trouble producing Uzko children. If they *do* take extraordinary actions--like, say, finding other, more docile (or more masculine), sources of fertility--they may have children, but the children will have even less connection to KL--and will ultimately stop being trolls at all.

--AMS