Re: Lunar Monotheism vs. Lunar Theism/Animism

From: David P. Summers <dsummers_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:28:38 -0800

>The Lunars present an interesting case of having all three of the
>major magical systems interacting peacfully within the confines of
>their civlization.
>
>While this is quite interesting, I am having difficulty reconciling
>how Lunar Monotheism interacts with Lunar Theism and Lunar Animism.
>
>How would Lunar Monotheists deal with the presented slant that the
>Red Emperoer is the son of Sedenya (their unapproachable God), the
>plethora of various gods and spirits that the vast majority of the
>Empire worships, etc.
>
>While they could go with the stance that beings such as the Seven
>Mothers are Saints. How do they explain the inclusion of other
>theistic and animistic beings? Are they considered Saints too (and
>thus subject to misapplied worship) or is there something else at
>work that I am not seeing?

Do lunars see Sedenya as the monotheist god? I'm not expert, but Glorantha Voices has the moon woman talk about how Sedenya can see the "invisible" god and implies that in Lunar theology her represents the creator and the world that Sedenya is trying to heal?

--
David P. Summers, SETI Institute
Mail Stop 239-4

650-604-6206