Re: Boatman & Zola Fel

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:10:58 -0800 (PST)

Viktor Haag:

> Here's a stab at a new occupation (Boatman) that
> I intend to be available for my upcoming Prax
> campaign.

Note that Praxian nomads would never take this keyword. Only River Folk scum and Outlanders in the Zola Fel valley would.

> Appropriate homelands:
> Prax and Zola Fel Valley, Teshnos, Kralorela

Not Prax. Just Zola Fel Valley.

> How is Zola Fel worshipped by Sartarites in Prax?
>
> I look in River of Cradles and the RQ3
> Prosepedia, and Zola Fel is listed as a (male)
> God of the River.
>
> In the Pavis tribe section of the website, I see
> the 'Zola Fel Tradition', where she (sic) is
> described as the spirit of the River.
>
> This prompts me to ask some questions:
>
> * When did Zola Fel (the male God) turn into
> Zola Fel (the female spirit)? Are these the same
> beings?

I believe the Praxian nomads worship Zola Fel as a male spirit. For them, he is the blood of Brave Seolinthur, who fell fighting the Devil. That said, in a deeper reality, all water entities seem to have somewhat fluid definitions in terms of gender and otherworld origin.

Chris Lemens

Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html