Re: Homeland keyword for Sartarites in Prax?

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 14:40:25 -0800

Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...> wrote:
> At 09:45 AM 2/3/04 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> For example, on both those above, do the Sartarites still get
>> their common magic from Flesh Man, and the same list?
>
> Why shouldn't they? They brought over worship of Flesh Man
> with them.

But I expect it's much easier to borrow common magic from local sources, than to borrow more-specialized magic. So I'd assume that while they have the Flesh Man list, there are also some borrowings from the Pavis & Sun Dome lists, yes? (And maybe occasional bits from the Prax and Uz lists, too.)

By which I mean, a player running a Pavis-Sartarite character wouldn't need to explain or defend any bit of Pavis common magic he decided to include for his character--while he *would* need to defend, say, Malkioni common magic.