Re: OOO Ain't the Real Ruler!

From: DreadDomain <dreaddomain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 22:34:52 -0500

Well, here is a curve ball I wasn't expecting (:-))

I obviously assumed the OOO was in control...

Well I will have to accept that MGWV on this. As I said before, I don't like absolutes and both of Greg's interractions tend to place KL as unmovable-must-be-in-charge goddesss-of-the-trolls. This "truth" brings too much inflexibility in my mind and I like the trolls too much to allow this loss of cultural complexity (:-)).

Or maybe I see the uz as more complex than there are suppose to be... Let's say MGV then.

> Dear Troll Lovers,
>
> While reading the comments onthe subject of troll rulership, I realize
that many of you actually think that the Only Old One was the ruler of the trolls during the Unity Council and afterwards.

> He wasn't. He was the ruler as far as anyone from the surface world was
concerned. However, this is typical troll behavior. They are much too smart to let anyone from the outside, all of whom of course carry pollution, corruption and wrong headedness, get close to the real sources of power: the women.

> I have always held that in my Glorantha this kind of thing is the norm.
When it appears that AA or ZZ or even Kaarg is the fuler, this is just the frontal face of the expendable beings (males) which are cast out towards the surface world in order to protect the real important parts.