Re: Prax stuff

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 09:55:01 -0800 (PST)

Jeorg, responding to Peter, I think:
> The Praxian Beast Riders don't care about
> agricultural (or horticultural) spirits. To them,
> it is unnatural to plant something and watch it
> grow.

Totally agree. Grass is Eiritha's Bounty. Anything else is a stupid Outlander, ground man, or Oasis scum idea.

> > The 48 old ones are the shattered fragments of
> > the Horn of Plenty.
>
> CoP p.30:
> "These are the remnants of the old agricultural
> spirits still attached to the cult at the Paps.
> Each may be gotten as an allied spirit by
> priestesses of the Paps."

I agree. The 48 old ones are not related to the Horn of Plenty (or at least, not that I've seen). The Horn of Plenty is (I think, not being with any resources) a tip of Eiritha's own horn. Other's say that it is the tip of Genert's "horn" but I doubt it.

Rob:
> Where does it say Prax is scarrd by fire?

Many places. Oakfed ate the entire forest of Prax. I think that qualified, since the way he eats is to burn everything to the ground. If it was real world, I'd say that the intensity of the heat sterilized the soil.

> I thought that although blasted a bit (not when
> compared to the Greatlands/Wastes) it is
> relatively intact because old 'Bully' Stopped the
> chaos hordes there?

Nope. Trollpack shows that a Chaos army came right through once and the Devil's body is still there. It is more fertile because Eiritha is buried in Prax and it receives her special blessing.

> I think its time that Prax got the HQ treatment
> and a new map and maybe even a Gazeteer.

Working on it.

> Henders Ruins? Does anyone know the story of
> the Hender of Henders ruins?

I dimly recall that he was a Heortling, but have no idea where I saw this. Personally, I think the Monkeys drove him out in a prior age, proving exactly how wimpy Little Brother's people are.

> > Erm, was he a superhero (a la Harrek) and a Giant
> > (a la Gonn Orta) and Generts mate. I don't think
> > he was an earth god/ king?
>
> His manifestation as a Harrek/Jar-eel/Androgeus-like
> superhero comes from the boardgame.
>
> In Prax, some giants are "gods" in the wider
> sense. Tada appears to have been an unaging
> manifest "deity" (spirit?), aka demigod, much
> like Vingkot, Ezkankekko or the Pharaoh.

I agree with this, so far.

> Some of the fertility loss was blamed on his
> death - probably the inability to till the land
> in the manner of the Oasis Folk.

I don't think so. The loss of fertility is asociated with the death of Genert in multiple places.

I don't recall an references positively stating that the Oasis Folk's ancestors tilled the land. During the Golden Age, Prax was a forest, fruit would fall to your hand, and rabbits would leap into your pot. I see their current efforts as bing more along the lines of gardens (squash, beans, and the like) and orchards (date palms), not amber waves of grain.

> I don't know how much of the French Hero Wars
> publications on Pavis have gone into Praxian
> trivia. Anyone in the know?

If you mean into the HQ Orax project, very little to none. I read zero French, so am dependen ton others to make suggestions. Plus, my focus is on the nomads, not anything around that slum in the middle of our lands.

Chris Lemens

Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html