RE: RE: Dragonewt Plinths

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:17:23 GMT

In message <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAA4ZnaAuM1R0aKDIl92gBqM8KAAAAQAAAA41OwEG0WG0SiTpIHy1PF7QEAAAAA_at_...> "Matthew Cole" writes:

>>Which causes me to wonder: while travelling in your prefered Otherworld,
>>do you ever come across one of these magical roads? If so, what does it
>>look like, and is there any way of getting onto the road?
>>
>>I don't think so but if the story needs something like that; begin wary
>>of the ability of the human brain to spot contrived trends.
>
>If DNRs do 'cross-over' it's to something draconic or partially so. IMO
>more likely to be in the mind of a dragon (see the reversal?) than an
>actualy otherworld.

Given that the dreams of dragons appear in the material world I think it is probable that something of dragons appears in many otherworlds. What it is, what it appears to be and how recognisable it is to Heroquestors will depend on all sorts of weird factors (i.e. the imagination of the narrator).

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/