Re: Re: cultural weapons?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:25:53 +1300

At 11:13 AM 2/12/04 +0000, you wrote:

>Teshnan soldiers are a few, if compared to other more militarized
>societies like the loskalmi, but I don't think their average quality
>is worse than most gloranthan soldiers.

The Praxians think otherwise viewing it as a land of pretty women, weak warriors, and powerful magicians. To qualify their view, I would state that as individual warriors, the Teshnans are strong and impressive. It is in terms of group tactics and inititative that they are poor. They could produce a damn good army if they wanted to but they have little need.

>Their army should view both skirmishers and hoplites, both cavalry
>and elephants, IMO. They have met Sheng and Kralorelans in battle,
>after all.

AFAIK the Teshnans were mostly conquered by Sheng. The Kralori have more trouble with sending an army through a large Jungle (Amazons, Hsunchen and Yellow Elves) then they would have with the Teshnan Army.

> > the
> > attempted total slaughter of Gio (as punishment for blasphemy) in
> > which two thirds of the city survived

>This is the episode I am writing as a scenario (I have been writing
>and rewriting it for three years now, after the initial testing in my
>campaign).

The only additional detail that I can think of about the whole affair is that the Vessel of Light was so interested in playing a golden lyre that Holy Country Ambassadors had given him that he failed to notice the original blasphemy or the subsequent retribution.

--Peter Metcalfe