Re: Distillation in Glorantha?

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:00:15 +0000

>I would be surprised if spirits of any kind existed on
>Glorantha; distillation requires technology that's not exactly
>period for Glorantha, doesn't it?

Well, gin is canonical, so distillation is clearly possible. Freeze distillation requires no great technology, or indeed skill - just a bloody minded determination to drink the results... Fractional distillation by heating is slightly complicated, but the apparatus is well within the capabilities of the relatively sophisticated metal working available to some cultures.

Anyway, why use technology when magic is so much easier? Brewing spirits are certainly used - distillation spirits can't be more than a heroquest away...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson