Re: Broos at Moonbroth

From: ALISON PLACE <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 15:43:16 -0800 (PST)

"I don't subscribe to the "broos were herded" theory
myself as the Broos are far too cunning to be rounded up and herded like sheep over an extended period of time."

Simon:
"Tricked or cajoled in some way though. I certainly
would find it very hard to believe that they were hired, or actualy allied in any way."

It's amazing what strange bedfellows can come out of necessity. I'm fully prepared to believe that one or more of the Praxian tribes managed to ally with some broo for Moonbroth, or at least let them know that if they wanted to come fight, the Uroxi would be diverted elsewhere. After all, there have been some extremely smelly deals done in the name of 'the enemy of my enemy is my temporary friend' in recent years. Shall we mention Uncle Joe Stalin, or the Iran-Contra affair? Supporting Saddam? Propping up any number of nasty dictatorial little regimes in the name of imperial diplomacy (British, French, American...)

I know that the Praxian tribes are not on the same scale as the nations mentioned, but engaging a bunch of broo to bushwhack your opponents from time to time would not be beyond the pale. Sure, the Storm Bulls decry the practice, but they don't make policy.

When it came to the Lunar invasion, even the broo probably felt that the Lunars, while all for Chaos as part of the balance in the abstract, would probably not be for Mallia/Thed/Vivamort, etc. up close and personal in their new lands. The Lunars, bringing 'civilization' with them, only mean even more pressure from displaced nomads when the Lunars try settling wherever they can.

Besides which, the Praxians are the devil they know. The broo can only manage to hang on in the fringes of inhabitable land. Every man's hand is against them when they venture into settled territory or near the great tribal lands.

As for the broo being herded, not on your nelly! They're always out in marginal areas scattered all over the place, which means to herd them (which disregards their basically normal, though Chaotic intelligence), you'd have to go a hell of a long way 'round.

So, while YGMV, in ours the broo were at Moonbroth, doing their bit for Prax.

Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online. http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html