Re: Glass in Glorantha?

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:12:51 -0800

Viktor

>I would be surprised if spirits of any kind existed on
>Glorantha; distillation requires technology that's not exactly
>period for Glorantha, doesn't it?

While this isn't the list for discussing the nature of Glorantha, I think it's worth mentioning that there *is* no period for Glorantha. None of its cultures are like any earthly cultures (although many have certain similarities).

I'm not sure if gin is really canonical, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be. It's true that distillation wasn't an early invention, but then neither was the stirrup. Neither one really requires a large technology base, and both could have existed much earlier.

So if you want distilled spirits in your game, I see no reason they couldn't be there.

--

David Dunham