Re: Re: Cultural weapons

From: Kevin Blackburn <kevin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 09:17:29 +0000

In article <c0jjpu+lfj3_at_...>, Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...> writes
>Julian Lord
>>
>> Gloranthan bone has often been described as a *metal*,
>> remember ...
>>
>Err I think that's the bones of gods being described as metal. I don't
>recall ever hearing about human bone being metal.*
>
>It was my impression that Praxian weapons are made from the bones of
>relatives or ancestors.
>
>Oliver
>
>*At least it's not the norm. I'm sure there's instances...

If the gods bones are metal then there has to be some reasonably straightforward heroquests to link the bone I, the whitesmith, am working on, to the relevant bone of the god I'm thinking of. This will result in usable feats, I'd have thought.

Bonus points for killing the bones owner in a mythologically correct manner first. This might suggest the best whitesmiths have a penchant for ritual human sacrifice.

--
Kevin Blackburn                         Kevin_at_...