Re: Re: Broos at Moonbroth

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:25:43 -0600

To restate a question of mine from another post in this thread, did all (even Orlanthi or Yelmic all) of the Tlaxcallans, Christian Spaniards, Lutherans, etc. cross over to the Other Side several times during the year and reenact the myths of their religions? I don't think that the Mass counts as doing this, so the best thing these people had was faith (not demonstrable, repeatable supernatural events), mob mentality, mass hypnosis, whatever. (For those about to nail me for disrespect of religion, notice that I listed faith first.)

If shown that Chaos is the ultimate badness, how can a sane Praxian deal with it as a matter of expedience? Is the answer that Praxians don't reenact and understand their mythic past? Real-world pragmatism can easily ignore religious and philosophical differences (several good examples given below), but it would seem more difficult for the non-Illuminated Gloranthan. Is the supernatural considered a sham or a convenience for those who don't need to struggle for life's needs in Glorantha? I see Glorantha as being different from this world in that the supernatural is required to supply life's needs and it much higher on a hierarchy of needs than it is in this world.

YGWV,
Andy