Re: Broos at Moonbroth

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:12:53 -0000

Andy;

My purely unnoficial view on this: The hero wars aren't really about chaos. Sure, chaos is involved, various sides may attempt to use chaos to their advantage, this may result in the destruction of the world.....but it isn't a war against chaos.

Rather, the hero wars are essentially wars between philosophies, ways of viewing the world. Part of the interest of the game is that you can't be sure that your enemy is bad and you are good, at least not from a player point of view. Chaos is pretty much just BAD, so it makes for a less interesting conflict. Now, the question of whether or not chaos can be tamed/healed under some circumstances, that makes for an interesting philosophical divide.

The hero wars, from what I understand, will pretty much destroy everything that is worth keeping, undo all the feats of the past, and come close to destorying the whole world. But it is because all the sides involved think that they are right, and are therefore willing to do nearly anything to win the wars, and not because any of them are as universally destructive as chaos is.

Just my two bits worth.

--Bryan