Re: Broos at Moonbroth

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 19:50:43 GMT

In message <5.1.1.6.0.20040216095811.00ff03f0_at_...> Andrew Dawson writes:

>"Whitewashing" may have stronger implications than I intended; maybe the
>word I should have used was "understating". To understand, read HeroQuest
>as though it's an introduction to Glorantha for the newbie, and assess the
>threat of Chaos.

[snip]

>After this, read GIttHW as though GIttHW is the next book available to the
>newbie, and assess the threat of Chaos.
[snip]

>After this, read Cults of Terror and look through the RQ treatment of Chaos.

You're not comparing like with like. Cults of Terror is a RQ sourcebook for Chaos, when the equivelent is published for HQ I've no doubt it will be equally horrifying. I can't recall any mention of Chaos in the RQII rulebook and Cults of Prax introduces it as a horrible enemy but without much in the way of specifics, indeed the Morocanth appear as horrible in the context of PCs from the human tribes.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/