Re: Ahh! Assistance needed from experts!

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:20:59 -0000

Viktor;

Obviously he is an old RQ-er. It seems to me that he views "spirit" magic as mindless rote magic, not as the ecstatic worship it is defined as in HQ. I'd probably give him a quick explanation of how spirits work now, and then of how common magic works, and also about petty and landscape daimones. My take is that he is actually studying common magic, but he may view it differently.

IF common magic: he follows a common religion. He has some funky skills right now that let him identify sources of common magic, but not to command them properly. If he re-focusses on LM magic he'll have to give these up largely. He could stay common religion. Or he could focus on common magic (although how well that goes over with the big scribe upstairs I'm not sure). If you have MoLaD yet, look at the school at the end, and how their philosophy skills impact certain magics, he might get something similar to that for common magic.

IF anamist magic is what he is studying: He has spirit-face (HQ rules even state that some non-anamists have it). He has concentrated his magic on theism, and has found CM feats called something like "calllandscape spirit" and "command landscape spirit." He probably takes big penalties on actually using these.

IF he is actually studying petty daimones, then much like the case of anamist, but he doesn't need spirit face, and he has "call landscape daimone" etc. Without the penalties he might face with spirits.

Note that there are more spirits than daimones in Prax, but he'll probably never be as good at commanding them as if he were a simple practioner or something.

There are other possibilities too, of course, these are just what come to mind.

--Bryan

       be unlawful."