Re: Ahh! Assistance needed from experts!

From: Viktor Haag <vhaag_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:34:53 -0500

bethexton_at_... writes:

> IF anamist magic is what he is studying: He has spirit-face
> (HQ rules even state that some non-anamists have it). He has
> concentrated his magic on theism, and has found CM feats
> called something like "calllandscape spirit" and "command
> landscape spirit." He probably takes big penalties on
> actually using these.

Thanks, Bryan -- I think this is probably closest to what I'm thinking. So, really, what's happened is he's found records of some ancient common magic theistic worship through which he could learn these "feats" and has decided to propitiate the great ancient God Gon-Gorbal (or whatever) rather in the same way that thieves "worship" Lanbril?

Might it make sense to steer him in a rather different direction, away from Lhankor Mhy and make him an apprentice to wizardry of some sort? (I hope the answer is not really, since I shudder to have practitioners of all three magic types in my campaign...)

--
Viktor Haag : Software & Information Design : Research In Motion
                              +--+