Re: Re: Broos at Moonbroth

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:56:16 -0600

At 10:08 AM 2/16/2004 -0800, David Dunham wrote:
>Andy
> >there seems to be no problem retroactively changing the nature
> >of the great supernatural beings of Prax from gods to spirits
>
>There was always a continuum from spirit -> god. This has now been
>renamed so that it runs spirit -> majestic spirit.

I think that it's a little more complicated than that. For example, Eiritha was the daughter of Ernalda in RQ. Is she still? When both were gods, this wasn't an issue, but now we--the people playing the game, not the characters--have a framework that includes a demarcation of deity and spirit (clouded by defiant cults and misapplied worship, but still).

>As for playing in Glorantha, I suspect people don't have the same
>picky terminology that HQ does, which attempts to distinguish the
>denizens of at least three Otherworlds. Within any one culture,
>you'll find more natural-sounding terms, which are likely to be
>"spirit" and "god" (or "spirit" and "saint").

Totally agree.

Thanks,
Andy