Re: Ahh! Assistance needed from experts!

From: Mark Galeotti <mark_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:26:46 -0000

> I'm a bit confused: is one required to concentrate magic to be
> an initiate? I thought that you were only required to
> concentrate to be a devotee?

I'm not saying otherwise. Let me rephrase what I wrote to be clearer:

He could have not concentrated on theism and thus be an initiate of LM and still have the opportunity of practicing animism,too.

> I'm leaning towards creating an analog for Torvald (perhaps even
> one of Torvald's own "lost scrolls") to deal with Spirit
> Magic. Perhaps also limiting his provided magical abilities to
> apply only to Spirits currently inhabiting the natural world
> (landscape spirits, and possessing spirits, and the like).

Fair enough, and obviously it's your (and your player's) game, but I don think you are missing out on some potential game-funkiness by not having him torn between two worlds. The ideal thing is to then put him in a position where clear self-interest then inclines him one way ("turn your back on this spirit nonsense, and I will give you charge of the library"), but character and relationship tear him the other ("I would never let Duinna marry a man who has abandoned his spirit-self").

All the best

Mark