Re: Ahh! Assistance needed from experts!

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:54:42 -0000

> I'm a bit confused: is one required to concentrate magic to be
> an initiate? I thought that you were only required to
> concentrate to be a devotee?

Yes, initiates are not required to concentrate their magic. Devotees must concentrate their magic. So, they will be paying the double cost anyway.

> I'm leaning towards creating an analog for Torvald (perhaps even
> one of Torvald's own "lost scrolls") to deal with Spirit
> Magic. Perhaps also limiting his provided magical abilities to
> apply only to Spirits currently inhabiting the natural world
> (landscape spirits, and possessing spirits, and the like).

Sure. Whatever works, I think. LMH may have made more scrolls with more spirity information but it doesn't quite taste right... But the idea is certainly feasable. I might put it down to a sect of the cult that is more interested in exploring the underlying logics of magic. That'd be a common magic "religion" for sure.

Jeff