Re: Re: Ahh! Assistance needed from experts!

From: Moah, platypus powaaa! <MOAH_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:11:28 +0100

Viktor Haag wrote:

> Thanks, Bryan -- I think this is probably closest to what I'm
> thinking. So, really, what's happened is he's found records of
> some ancient common magic theistic worship through which he
> could learn these "feats" and has decided to propitiate the
> great ancient God Gon-Gorbal (or whatever) rather in the same
> way that thieves "worship" Lanbril?

> Might it make sense to steer him in a rather different direction,
> away from Lhankor Mhy and make him an apprentice to wizardry of
> some sort? (I hope the answer is not really, since I shudder to
> have practitioners of all three magic types in my campaign...)

Couldn't he also be one of these rare people with a purely spiritist soul, who got dragged into the more accepted religion of the area, more or less without knowing what's going on? He'd have mundane knowledge  of the Lankhor Mhy cult, but no magic. That'd explain both why he is fascinated with spirits, and why his spirit magic actually works *shrugs* I've seen something like that somewhere, maybe a KoDP event.

Moah, platypus powaaa!