Re: Teshnan concentrators

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 09:14:18 +0100

Bryan:

>3) Follow the 'rule' implied by the 7 mothers in HQ and the rules for
>Lanbril and Donandar concentration in MoLaD, and let them concentrate
>their magic on what their god gives (even as initiates). This gives
>them the usual benefits of concentration for their gods magic, but
>they have to give up ALL other magic (including that lovely spell of
>health). That gives them an affinity or two, and talents or spells
>that can be used as active abilities. As a devotee they could use
>their feats and talents/spells as active abilities.

That's the way I would do it as well.

>This makes the
>most sense to me, although I don't know how well it fits cosmological
>principles of Gloranthaness.

I think it does. Mysticism lurks somewhere in the background. As the Teshnos homeland writeup says:

"Five hundred religions are practiced in Teshnos. These all hold loosely together by a casual mystical overview of the esoteric Chalite Practices."

While the teshnan cults aren't mystic per se, they are mystically influence. Mysticism is still undefined in HQ, but I think it is a reasonable assumption that the mystic influence can have such an effect on Teshnan cults and their magic.

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams