Orlanthi and rebirth

From: Dick Kingman <rtkingman_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 18:34:35 -0500

Somewhere in my readings, I seem recall a reference to Orlanthi going to Orlanth's Stead to whoop it up with Orlanth until it was time for them to be reborn.

I am I remembering wrong?

If not, what is this Orlanthi belief in rebirth? Is it their ultimate goal?
Is it "punishment" that they can't stay at Orlanth's Stead forever because they weren't good enough in their last life? Is it what they do when they get bored of partying all the time? Is it some mythical future in which all the deceased Orlanthi will be reborn?
Or is it ....?

I was imagining a worshipper trying to contact an ancestor and finding out that the ancestor had been reborn since the last holy day. Would they expect them to be born into the same clan? Would the Orlanthi try to find out who the ancestor is now? Any special treatment for reborn ancestors?

Or is this all moot because I am remembering wrong, or the source was wrong?

Thanks,
Dick Kingman