Re: Ahh! Assistance needed from experts!

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:52:33 -0000

Jeff wrote:
> That's a great idea! And there's a lot of Thunder Brothers out
>there. Heck, its one way to incorporate Barntaros into a game
without joining the doomed Hidden Gale warband...

Ok here is what I have so far. The magic is a nod to RQ battle magic, but I want to add a few boisterous boys feats too. I suspect that the Thunder Brothers magic varies from clan to clan depending on which of the the faceless masses the locals remember.

The Thunder Brothers

The Thunder Brothers are the second and third generation of Storm Gods, the thanes of Orlanth's clan. They are often treated as a collective in myths. Some are important enough to be worshipped as sub-cults of Orlanth such as Finovan or Hedkoranth, but most are unknown outside roles as clan patrons or wyters. When the clan gathers to worship the men are considered to be the Thunder Brothers. Everyone remembers the Brother's deeds on Brother's Day in Storm Season.
Full time warriors tend to worship one of the named Thunder Brothers and do not have need of this magic, but farmers and herdsman who form up with the fyrd, especially those who join the short-call, often join to gain some fighting magic in times of trouble. Entry Requirements: Open to men who serve with the clan's fyrd, particularly members of the short call.

Homeland or Religion: Heortling.

Abilities: Guard Camp, Javelin Fighting, Scout, Sword and Shield Fighting.

Virtues: Boastful, Brave.

Magic: Known as `Battle Magic' the Thunder Brothers provide feats worshippers can use to augment themselves in combat.

    Feat— Battle Shout, Blinding Wind, Burst of Speed, Cutting Blade, Face Fear, Javelin Hail, Speed Javelin, Stitch Wound, Turn Blow Away

Other Side: The Thunder Brothers have their own barracks and sparring fields within Storm Home, Orlanth's hill fort on the other side.

Disadvantages: Worshippers are the fist members of the community called upon by the weaponthanes and warriors to aid in defense of the community.