Re: Ahh! Assistance needed from experts!

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:07:05 -0000

I've misled you. Sorry but I'm wrong and David Dunham is right. A re-reading of the HQ Basic Magic chapter makes it clear that common religions worship Mortal World entities and have no access to the Otherworlds. So the Thunder Brothers can not be worshipped as a common religion.

Still there is a salvageable quality to some of the ideas here. I just need to center the religion in the mortal world and maybe make it more mixed. I understand Peter's objections and never intended the religion to be just fighting magic. My idea is more that as most Heortlings are initiated their subcult provides them day-to-day magic, but they still might have a need for something that provides the providers with some magic for other situations - fighting in the short-call, guarding against wolves and sheep rustlers, etc. Now I am not saying this would replace Flesh Man for most Orlanthi. It is just an option I was proposing that some Heortlings can do, and partially provided so that players in my game who wanted to play, frx a Dar worshipper, could still get some magic to help them when they needed to mix it up. Of course YGMV.

But the main thrust here is that HQ is clear on this, I was not.