mixed versus common

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:53:30 -0000

According to Mark G. in post 20935, in response to my question about a number of these exceptional types, it would seem that Lanbril is the essential theif, extending across all of the otherworlds, much as Donandar does. As such both are essentially, irrevocably, mixed in the nature of the magic they provide.

Which is a whole 'nother issue. In practical terms is there any difference between a common religion which provides common magic (originating in the mixed-mortal world) and having embedded specialized magic (originating in the other world), and one that provides mixed other world magic?

Noting that there are hero cults which just teach a single feat, and there are presumably independant spirit "practices" with just one available spirit, and presumably small saints that only teach one spell. Plus people like Lanbril or the Teshnos 'gods' who provide mixed magic all by themselves.

So presumably you could have a mixed religion even with just otherworld magic??? (Oh god, shouldn't start thinking about this stuff at the end of a long week, I think my brain just melted) (feel free to take this to the digest if needed, but I don't subscribe there (I basically don't subscribe to any lists that arrive in my mailbox, I look at these ones on their web sites), so if so, and any conclusions are arrived at, could someone email so I can go search for it?)

Regards;

Bryan