RE: Broos at Moonbroth

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:10:46 -0000

Greg asked:

> specifically: WHAT official history of Moonbroth?
> As far as I can recall, there is none that is "official."
> ... please do direct me to the official statement about the
> battle at Moonbroth.

I imagine the reference is to the account printed in "Borderlands" (Handbook p.7) and reprinted in "River of Cradles" (p.17):

"The nomad host met the Lunars, Sun Domers, and Sable cavalry on the edge of the Good Place, near the Moonbroth oasis where the Lunar army was assembling. The Bison Riders and Impala Riders had gathered Rhino Riders, Pavis Survivors, the Agimori, Newtlings, the Basmoli Berserkers, and the Bolo Lizard people to their side, along with some medicine bundles, a shaman-controlled Oakfed, and even a contingent of Broos..."

IMO and FWIW, nomads -- with Oakfed shamans on their side -- using *wildfire* to 'herd' the broos around might work, in a Joerg-ish manner; throwing your dung at a wildfire is unlikely to impress, no matter how diseased it might be... :-)

Cheers, Nick