Re: Re: Heortlings and inheritance + (Worship)

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:17:28 -0500

Dick Kingman wrote:

> Another way of handling the distribution of a deceased Orlanthi's personal
> property may be to ask him or her. Of course, how easy this is to do may
> depend on how you treat worship services and how magical you like your
> Glorantha. (Maybe the style of magic for your Glorantha is a better way of
> phrasing it.)

An interesting way of doing it -- however, contacting the Ancestors is actually about as difficult as contacting a minor godling. And, unless the Ancestor is someone special, they sort of all difuse into a collective 'Ancestors' thing -- sort of like 'heavenly hosts' (kinda)

Only the animists really keep track of their ex-kin.

There's a fairly big section on Heortling Ancestors in Thunder Rebels, so if you can wait just a bit, I think you'll find your answer soon.

> IMG, if a player character is killed, the other PCs will likely meet that
> character again at Orlanth's Stead. If there is actually a game reason for
> it, I will let the player play their deceased character for the encounter.

Ah, okay. Usually these folks are special. However once a soul's gone for judgement and moved on, its pretty close to impossible to get. Wesley's website has a good example of how to handle resurrection a-la Chalana Arroy. Very neat and explains why its so tough.

Hope this helps,

Jeff