re: No common magic feats for Heortlings [was: Heortling Collectives for Common Magic]

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:23:43 -0800

Darran

>I thought that theistic homelands had very few feats as Common Magic
>having more spells, talents and charms instead. The whole point was
>that if someone wanted feats they could initate into a 'proper' cult.

I confess that in most cases, I've never seen the logic in terms of designating common magic abilities as talents, feats, charms, or spells. Especially since the rules allow players to pick any common magic abilities they want.

Is there something I've missed?

Peter

>I think common magic is kind of neat,
>and I would like even concentrating PCs to have access to it, although in a
>reduced form (they'll be magically buff enough to get over the Chorms
>without a spell or charm (or you'll have another story to tell)).

Funny, I just had the same thought, seconds before I read this. It's cool and fun. Yet the rules tell you to be a concentrated initiate (since that's the way to get magic), and give it up.

--

David Dunham