RE: eurmalis in clans

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruceferrie_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:57:50 -0000

On Sunday, February 22, 2004 10:40 PM, Jane Williams wrote:

> When this happened in my game, we said that once the
> PC was discovered to be a trickster, he had to accept
> being bound by an Orlanthi or immediate execution (by
> lynch mob). The chief already had his own bound
> Trickster, so he needed a different sponsor/sucker.
> And he got bound by one of the other PCs.

When a trickster PC came along in our game, her first appearance was in the middle of being lynched by an angry mob. She was forced to swear the trickster's bond to one of the PCs, who then did their level best to keep her in line. An almost ritual beating of Oranda - it didn't matter if there was "no reason", as she was bound to have done something the rest of the heroes didn't know about - became part of most sessions. Much like how Cacofonix, the bard in Asterix, ends most stories bound and gagged to stop him singing...

To be honest, the trickster PC didn't last long. It's amusing and the weird abilities can be very useful, but we found that tricksters - even when you're *trying not* to be too disruptive - are a bit too disruptive to the group.

But, yeah, knowing that the wrath of, well, everyone in the area would descend on them made the PCs very conscious of keeping the trickster under as tight a rein as possible.

Regards,

Bruce