Re: Dart Wars

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:10:29 -0000

> Can anyone provide me with information on Dart Wars?

Greg Stafford wrote his article "Dart Competition" in Tales #6 (1991), but I don't have it.

> I have a general idea about them being basically a war of assassins
> with the intent of elminating the enemy family, but can anyone
give me
> more information on them?

AFAIK there are at least two types, public-opened and secret game, I suppose former can be used as showbusiness and demonstration by noble houses as more peaceful way of bread & circus.

Latter is more nasty, invokes imagination, but maybe still have some restriction and rule, like assassins must wear peculiar costume, etc. (Once Harrek was hired by Orayan Satrap House...)

I don't know whether more dirty level exists or not in official canon, like hiring Blue Moon Assassins, or grow "weeds" (a kind of Japanese Ninja Movie) in enemy territory...as in MG.