Re: Direct RQ to HQ Battle Magic/Common Magic conversions?

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:53:34 -0000

Agent Groove wrote:
> Does it make sense to the members of this list that spells like
>Bladesharp and so on would be Spells (as in, common Wizardly magic)
>that would have originated in Esrolia?

Have you been following the Heortling Common magic thread where we discuss Battle Magic (the Heortling name for common magic). My erroneous stab at the Thunder Brothers (who it turns out cannot be a common religion) had many feats that were just renamings of RQ Battle Magic. So sharp blade became 'Cutting Blade' etc. So this is certainly one way to bring in those familiar RQ spells. However my mistake was also to forget that common magic is mixed like the mortal world and so in most cases should be a pot-pouri of feats, charms, and spells. I don't think the spells from Esrolia is the way to go for all battle magic - it emphasises one magic type too much. Sure one or two might have such a source but postulating that it is the prime source seems a little over the top. My preference is to localize Heortling common magic, not to globalize it. YGMV.