Re: Heortling Collectives for Common Magic

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:43:20 -0000

Sounds good to me. Actually, I'm sure it varies a lot between clans too.

I think I forgot to mention that I think the remnants are still traceable in their bloodlines. I probably put more emphasis on bloodline and less on clan than a lot of people do. But I figure the history of your bloodline is constantly brought up ritually. Further, in this view of things, not only do specific clans have specific gifts and burdens, so do certain blood lines. Those that barely survived the darkness may still bear magical scars from that time (powers they can't have, curses they accumulated, debts that are still being paid, whatever)

Yah, it has been a couple of millenium. But in the holy rituals it is all real and current.

But I'm going to shut up on this subject now. I don't want to make it seem like I'm saying it must be this way or should be this way, I was just offering one view point, not even one that I use all the time. So time to let it lie.

--Bryan