Re: No common magic feats for Heortlings [was: Heortling Collectives for Common Magic]

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:02:48 -0000

I have just been told by Greg while dealing with another matter that you can be a member of a Pantheon *and* a Tradition. God and spirit help you if you try to concentrate though...!

> Now here's the tricky part -- communal Storm Tribe worship
> includes animism. If the clan needed to support a Kolating in a
heroquest
> and performed the ceremony where Orlanth welcomed Kolat into the
Storm
> Tribe to affirm the clan's support of the animist, I assume a
Hedkoranth
> devotee could still do this and it would "count," even though it's
slipping
> into Misapplied worship and "doing animism" and all that stuff.
Because the
> devotee is just doing what Hedkoranth did -- welcoming his weird
uncle into
> the clan and offering him decent hospitality and support.

It would count as community support... Its a community. I might apply a penalty but remember, mixed worship is the norm for Glorantha. Quite a lot of folks will at least be members of a common religion that will accomodate this sort of behavior somehow.

Jeff