Re: Re: No common magic feats for Heortlings [was: Heortling Collectives for Common

From: Agent Groove <coridan_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:11:20 -0500

> > Also, let's remember - in HQ game terms, concentration simply means
> > you pay double to learn something outside of your Bailiwick. It
> > doesn't mean you *can't do it.*
>
> I'm afraid that's exactly what it means. OTOH, you describe exactly
> what the rule _should_ be, IMO. ;-) Or something along those lines.

Well, in the spirit of MGF, we're free to ignore anything in the rulesbook and replace it with what we thing is better.

> (Essentially the concentration rule seems to be there for
> 'cosmological simulationist' reasons. Not only am I doubtful of the
> game- or story- enhancing value of this decision, I'm not greatly
> enamored with the cosmology it implies, either.)
>
> Cheers,
> Alex.

See my comment about the concentration applying towards magic *learned from your specialized religion*. I'd certainly allow Storm Bulls learn both a variety of Animist abilities and Affinities/Feats, within a narrow range of Storm Bull practice. You're concentrating your energies not toward a magic system, but your *god*.

CB