Cranking Up Thunder Brothers - Submission Call

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 15:03:20 +1100

SHOCK HORROR!! EDITOR IN PERIL!! HELP JOHN REGAIN HIS MOJO (AND STRIKE A BLOW AGAINST THE LUNAR EMPIRE)!!!! THE THUNDER.... ahem... The Thunder Brothers fundraiser for Gloranthacon aims to present a Sartar campaign book of the Lunar occupation up to and including Fimbulwinter. Similar in style to last year's 'Moon Rites' , it will feature scenarios, hero bands, campaign background and cultural esoteria relating to the Heortlings and their Sartar homeland.

Now a cascading series of challenges in the later half of last year - a new job, increased domestic responsibilities and (most frustrating of all) a constantly crashing home pc - meant that my free time and capacity to advance the project stalled for a number of months. I kinda lost my project mojo. I *think* things are back to normal (I have only a fuzzy idea of what 'normal' is :)), and am eager to regain momentum and make the book as fine a monument to the Heortling Barbarity as I possibly can.

This is the Last Storm. This is a black arrow calling. Raise the tribes for Temertain!

Waaa.. hold on just a sec...

Raise the tribes for Starbrow!

(Or Bryan, if you swing that way... Moots. They're so picky...)

Can you help? I already have some fine material from a range of Gloranthan movers and shakers. If you have Sartarite fiction, background, description or scenario material that you'd like to share with the tribe, please drop me an email. If you're an artist with a capacity for blustering barbarians with beards (or other relevant material), and would like to help out, ditto. I'm especially interested in 3D work.

AND, most importantly, if you've previously contacted me about the project but haven't heard from me in the last few weeks, please drop me a line. Let me apologise in advance... with no less than six system crashes in three months (bushfire ash, mostly), my email records for the project are less than perfect.

But did lack of preparation or foreknowledge ever stop an Orlanthi? Naw. I jest need a little help in fixing my mistake. Let''s just give forth the thunder shout and charge. Works every time... :)

Onwards and upwards... updates soon.

Cheers

John