Re: Digest Number 221

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 09:59:25 +1100

A.K. Berner:

> P.S. I'm really enjoying the exchange between Jeff and John on this... I
> can't recall this level of detail in any RPG setting to date =) It is
> awesome!

Thanks A.K. A lot of people have been exploring Heortling society for a long time now, and with a world as rich as Glorantha, you can explore to whatever level of detail/depth is most fun for your campaign.

Thunder Rebels should supply enough basic information for narrators to describe the workings of their own clans in as much detail as they wish - some of it culture background and customs, some of it game-friendly checklists and charts.

And if you haven't already seen it, check out David Dunham's computer game 'King of Dragon Pass' by |A Sharp, where you rule a Heortling clan from year to year, heroquest, trade and try to be a good Orlanthi. Its a beautiful, inspiring piece of work, and a GREAT game.

John

nysalor_at_...                          John Hughes

Aussie Zen

"No worries": The Australian Zen utterance for Yes. "Galah": No mind or detachment of mind, complete  freedom from focused thinking.
"Laid back": An advanced being who can't even be  bothered with Nirvana.
"She'll be right": An Australian Zen mantra, pointing to  a state of mind beyond the apparent dualities  of good and evil.
 Vegemite: nine ingredients combined into a state of  foodlessness. An edible koan. "We are all little vegemites".