Re: running little heroquests

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:13:50 -0800 (PST)

David Dunham:

> I'm reviewing the Heroquesting section of
> HeroQuest, and don't see something that I
> thought was typical of heroquests (and which
> we put into King of Dragon Pass).

FWIW, I agree with you.

> Anyone have thoughts on the best way to run this
> sort of quest?

This problem came up for what I've worked on for Prax.  I always envisioned many Waha Paths as slipping into and out of the Hero Plane. The way I'm handling this is that some places are so propitious for crossing into the hero plane that the players slip across it without volition, or with the slightest action. That is stetching the values in one table, but does not destroy the mechanic. I'm not sure the same works for you, since Heortling quests tend to occur at one place (stupid groundmen). Perhaps the elaborate preparation -- dressing up as the god, choosing the most god-like person around, etc. -- is what does it?

Chris Lemens

Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail. http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools